Karthik Krishna Amavasya is considered to be the most auspicious day to perform Laxmi puja. After the fierce battle of lord Rama and Raavan in Lanka, Laxmi puja was performed as a symbol of lord Rama’s victory over Ravan. The return of lord Rama to Ayodhya was celebrated with great pomp and show. Shree Rama was coronated and Laxmi puja was performed by the people of Ayodhya. Laxmi pujan is also commonly referred to as the Deepawali or Diwali puja which is also conducted in honor of Mata Sita. According to the legend, Goddess Laxmi came in the form of Mata Sita and by performing Laxmi pooja, Goddess Laxmi is pleased and she bestows her devotees with blessings and wealth. As houses are adorned and cleaned during Diwali, Goddess Laxmi brings in joy, prosperity and ensures that her worshippers live in peace and a state of well-being. A magnificent light of knowledge is said to be unfold on this day. This self-enlightenment is asserted through the gleaming lamps that illuminate the abode of the worshippers.
Benefits Diwali Laxmi Puja:
Any Laxmi Pooja that is finished with complete devotion blesses the believer with material and religious riches, removes obstacles and provides fulfillment within the completely different areas in life. Praying to every of the Ashta Laxmi provides specific advantages or reliefs like –
- Prayers to Devi Dhana Lakshmi – adorer is endowed cash and riches.
- Prayers to Devi Gaja Lakshmi – adorer is endowed mobile properties i.e. vehicles.
- Prayers to Devi Adi Lakshmi – adorer is endowed endless prosperity.
- Prayers to Devi Vijay Lakshmi – adorer is endowed success and bravery.
- Prayers to Devi Dhairya Lakshmi – adorer is endowed patience and objectiveness.
- Prayers to Devi Dhaanya Lakshmi – adorer is endowed food, nourishment and health.
- Prayers to Devi Vidya Lakshmi – adorer is endowed knowledge.
- Prayers to Devi Santan Lakshmi – adorer is endowed kids and family.
- Thus, performing a Laxmi Puja helps defend a true adorer from failures, poverty, hunger, debts, loss of wealth and pecuniary crunches and difficulties.